Your privacy is important to us
At Mooch Recruitment your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important. Mooch Recruitment is subject to the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act") and subordinate legislation. The following statement outlines how Mooch Recruitment manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the Act.
For the purposes of the Act the data controller is Mooch Recruitment Ltd (company no. 0929874) of 10 Yeo Business Park, Clyst St Mary, Exeter, EX5 1DP registered as a data controller under the Act under registration number ZA293155.
Personal data - what is it?
Personal data is any data which relates to a living individual who can be identified from those data or from those data and other information which is in the possession of, or likely to come into the possession of, a data controller and includes any expression of opinion about the individual and any indication of the intentions of the data controller or other person in respect of the individual.
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Mooch Recruitment in connection with your possible work placements.
Personal data includes sensitive personal data.
Sensitive personal data - what is it?
When personal data concerns the matters listed in section 2 (a)-(h) of the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended, modified or replaced from time to time, it is considered sensitive personal data.
Mooch Recruitment will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data about you in accordance with the law. In most cases, Mooch Recruitment will only collect, use or disclose sensitive personal data where it has received your explicit consent.
Who will be collecting your personal data?
Mooch Recruitment is a specialist professional recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis in accountancy & finance, banking, operations, legal, information technology, sales & marketing, human resources, support & administration.
For the purposes of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (the "Conduct Regulations") Mooch Recruitment operates as:
- an agency when recruiting for permanent positions or fixed-term assignments direct with Mooch Recruitment's client; and
- an employment business when recruiting for temporary assignments where services will be supplied to Mooch Recruitment's clients via Mooch Recruitment .
Mooch Recruitment will be bound by applicable terms of the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct Regulations, unless you do not act for and under the control of Mooch Recruitment's client(s) when providing your services via Mooch Recruitment or you provide services via a company and you and that company have agreed to opt out of the application of the Conduct Regulations.
Your personal data will be collected by Mooch Recruitment to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
How will your data will be collected?
Generally, Mooch Recruitment collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
deal with Mooch Recruitment in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- supply a CV or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- complete psychometric assessments.
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Mooch Recruitment contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when Mooch Recruitment receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Mooch Recruitment will normally require you to provide signed consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if Mooch Recruitment does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Mooch Recruitment s has collected your personal data.
How Mooch Recruitment may use and disclose your personal data
- to provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to match your details against job vacancies which Mooch Recruitment feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- to allow you submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Mooch Recruitment's job alerts so that Mooch Recruitment can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- to market our recruitment services to you across all areas of the Mooch Recruitment business;
- to develop and market other products and services, to improve Mooch Recruitment's customer service and to make Mooch Recruitment's services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Mooch Recruitment's website and those of Mooch Recruitment's group companies in order to better suit your requirements);
- to inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- to maintain and promote Mooch Recruitment business relationships;
- to answer your enquiries or questions;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged Mooch Recruitment.
Mooch Recruitment may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- a member of the Mooch Recruitment group;
- prospective employers or engagers;
- other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- external vetting bodies e.g. to obtain CRB checks;
- third parties who perform functions on Mooch Recruitment behalf and who also provide services to Mooch Recruitment , such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on Mooch Recruitment business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
- Mooch Recruitment insurers;
- a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Mooch Recruitment is required by law to do so.
If Mooch Recruitment engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Mooch Recruitment's instructions.
If Mooch Recruitment enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Mooch Recruitment's new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Mooch Recruitment with your personal data, you consent to Mooch Recruitment disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Mooch Recruitment will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give Mooch Recruitment the data it seeks
If you do not give Mooch Recruitment the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Security of your personal data
Mooch Recruitment holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Mooch Recruitment has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Mooch Recruitment uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.
Mooch Recruitment will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Mooch Recruitment will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
However, please note that Mooch Recruitment is obliged under the Conduct Regulations (where applicable) to keep a record of your personal data and other information for a period of at least one year from the date of creation of the record or, if later, at least one year after the date on which Mooch Recruitment last provides services to you.
You can request access to your data
You may request access to any personal data Mooch Recruitment holds about you in accordance with the Act.
Mooch Recruitment is not always required to provide you with access to all of your personal data on request.
Mooch Recruitment may refuse your access to certain personal data in a number of circumstances, such as where denying access is required or authorised by law.
If Mooch Recruitment denies your request for access it will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
Keeping your personal data up to date
Mooch Recruitment takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Mooch Recruitment may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Mooch Recruitment know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Mooch Recruitment to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Mooch Recruitment holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Mooch Recruitment will take reasonable steps to correct it.
If Mooch Recruitment is unable to agree that the personal data it holds about you is accurate, complete and up to date, you may apply to Court for an order for rectification, blocking, erasure or destruction.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please e-mail email@example.com
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
The personal data Mooch Recruitment collects from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by Mooch Recruitment and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section "How Mooch Recruitment may use and disclose your personal data". Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related intermediary services Mooch Recruitment provides to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a vacancy or position outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
Mooch Recruitment and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
Mooch Recruitment will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
A cookie is a simple text file that is stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information, such as a unique identifier and the site name.
Mooch Recruitment also use ‘analytical’ cookies to help us improve the way our website works, for example, by making sure users are able to find what they need easily.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Mooch Recruitment. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as Mooch Recruitment accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal Information?
On some occasions, Mooch Recruitment processes your data with your consent. For example, we rely on consent when we send promotional material or when you link your Mooch Recruitment account to your Social Network account. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent is withdrawn.
- The processing is necessary to fulfil a contract
Mooch Recruitment may process your data when we need to do this to fulfil a contract with you, such as to send your CV to an employer or recruiter for a specific job application.
- Legitimate Interest
Mooch Recruitment also processes your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
Our legitimate interests include:
- ensuring the security and integrity of our Services and in ensuring that our Websites and Apps operate effectively;
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers' behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; and
- fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
- The processing is necessary because of a legal obligation that applies
Mooch Recruitment may process your data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations eg preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
In the event that you register on the Website as a work seeker we will only send you information which relates to our recruitment services unless you specifically opt in to receiving marketing material about other products and services through the contact preferences section of your account.
In the event that you register on the Website to purchase courses, we will only send you information related to courses in your fields of interest unless you specifically opt in to receiving marketing material through the contact preferences section of your account.
In the event that you register on the Website solely for career advice, we will only send you information related to career advice and and on how to access our other services if you want to make use of that advice.
If you consent to receive marketing material using your contact preferences you may change your mind at any time.
You can also amend the contact preferences in your account to stop us from contacting you in connection with the recruitment services or courses available through the Website for which you register when you set up your account.
Access to your information and correction
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date and will delete or amend any information that you think is inaccurate. Should you wish to delete your account please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. Amendments to your account can be made by contacting us directly.
We aim to provide you with useful work-related services for the whole of your career. However, you have the right to close your account at any time and have us delete all of your personal information unless we are in the process of responding to any complaint that you make.
How do you remove your name from the database?
You can contact to request for your account to be closed at any time, which will be confirmed byMooch Recruitment.
How can you obtain information held about you?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please email us at email@example.com
How to contact us:
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 1395 262 390